COLOURLOCK WASH CONCENTRATE, 250 ML + LEATHER FIXATIVE, 100 ML (KIT)
Before washing please note:
- Heavily soiled garments or greasy collars, cuffs etc. should be pre-soaked in luke-warm water and the problem areas pre-treated with the Wash Concentrate and a soft brush.
- With leather garments of more than one colour, or those made from a mixture of leather and textile, or with a light coloured lining, some colour-bleeding can occur. In such cases always soak inCOLOURLOCK Leather Fixative before washing.
- Never wash two different garments together.
- Always wash the two or three parts of a dress or trouser suit, together.
- Fading and scuff marks may be hidden by the soiling and can become visible after cleaning.
- On some leather types the dyes have not been fixed to the fibre. Others are coated with oils or waxes. Such garments will be clean after washing but will have a changed surface or appearance.
- Loose buttons or too loosely sewn decorative applications must be removed or secured before washing.
- Sheepskins with a white underside: Always cut off a small piece and use it for a test. If it becomes hard, it means the garment has been subject to a kind of tanning that is washed out in water. In which cases do not wash.
Leather Fixative pre-treatment
COLOURLOCK Leather Fixative is used to fix colours on leather garments during washing. It can also be used for the removal of water stains on natural and aniline leather.
For leather-textile mixtures, multi-coloured garments, single-coloured garments in black, red, blue, bordeaux and green: Always pre-soak in a bath with Leather Fixative!
Effect: Fixes tanning agents, colours and lipids inside the leather. Prevents the colours from washing out. Use preferably prior to washing.
COLOURLOCK Leather and Fur Wash Concentrate is suitable for washing almost every kind of leather. This can be done in the washing machine,at a low temperature (under 35°C (95°F), the same as for wool. Rest assured that, provided you follow the instructions, the leather will not shrink and it will come out clean and soft.